Sunday, October 14, 2018

Numbers Never Lie, Diane Burton

          As kids, the Sinclairs, Jack and Maggie, along with Drew Campbell were known as the fearless threesome. As adults, Jack's an accountant; Drew a criminal attorney; Maggie a teacher and camping troop leader. Upon returning from a primitive weekend camping trip, Maggie is horrified to learn her brother Jack is dead--and refuses to believe law enforcement's decision his fatal car crash was an accident. If they won't take it any farther, she will. Convincing Drew to help is almost as difficult. . .

       Settle in with your beverage of choice, a comfy cushion or couch or divan, and get ready to laugh. If it is true opposites attract, this is one for the books when it comes to intrepid nature lover Maggie and the workaholic Drew who wimped out back in the day as a cub scout. Diane Burton builds a case for murder in solid, careful detail. Along the way she uses an enviable talent for writing dialogue.

CAUTION: haul out the tissues when you hit the scene between widower Drew and his adolescent daughter as they retell a fractured fairy tale of how he came to meet Jack and Maggie. It is real; it is human; it will rob you of breath.

Out of 5 stars, Numbers Never Lie earns a 6.

Kat Henry Doran, Wild Women Reviews



7 comments:

  1. Sounds great, can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Kat, for the fantastic review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review, Diane! Huge congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this review doesn't catch everyone's eye, and speed up their mystery plus emotional juices, to compel them to put Numbers Never Lie on their TBR list, I don't know what will. Congrats to Diane as this sounds like an absolute must-read that is sure to be a whopping success. I for one look forward to reading this--as soon as I finish my WIP--but I'll be purchasing soon so it will push me faster so I can read it. What a fantastic review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! This sounds terrific! I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely adding to my TBR file. Love a book with humor - and add in a bit of scouting tales as well and I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete