Sunday, January 5, 2020

Willie, My Love by Judy Ann Davis

Can two stubborn hearts find love under the tall white pines...?

     We've read other books by Judy Ann Davis—and enjoyed the all. In Willie My Love, Davis has outdone herself. Two of her many talents are an uncanny ability to create setting with lyrical, evocative descriptions. The second is her crisp, snappy dialogue. In parts, I found myself laughing out loud.
     At almost 400 pages, some might feel tempted to skip pages, even a chapter here or there, in order to reach the most satisfying ending of this rollicking historical romance set in Pennsylvania's lumber country.
     DO NOT SUCCUMB! Read every paragraph, each page, and treat yourself to the jewels of her poetic descriptions or the witty, emotion-filled dialogue between the varied characters.
On a scale of 1 through 5, Willie My Love earns a 6
Kat Henry Doran, Wild Women Reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words, Kat Henry Doran. "Willie, My Love" was a fun story to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another story to put on my TBR shelf. So many talented authors...

    ReplyDelete